Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Here are some random shots of the grow out tank in my garage. I live in Utah and did not want to have the tank freeze too much in the winter. I used, if I can remember right, 1 inch rigid insulation all around the tank. I guess I will also tell about the tank, the tank is nowhere near what I would like it to be but it works for the moment, its been a frugal approach!

The tanks itself is a left over reef 2 sump that I had laying around, I believe its a 30 gallon.
Lighting consists of 2-40 watt t12 bulbs/fixture from Home Depot, I use the daylight bulb that had CRI of 92 or something.
I use a sponge filter that is rated up to a 80 gallon aquarium, this is used for biological filtration and to some respects mechanical filtration.
I added about 2 inches of sand but I most likely be removing it soon.
I have a 250 watt titanium heater that I use to keep the temperature of the tank at around 80-82 degrees.
I have recently added a hang on the back filter to hold carbon.

Pretty simple right?
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Oh yea, don't make fun of my carpentry skills. Lets just say they are lacking quiet a bit!

No comments: